If you suffer from sore feet and complications caused by misalignment, then it’s time to consider orthotics. Our custom orthotics are designed just for you and your feet. They hug your feet, spreadi…Read More
is a health care profession that focuses on disorders of the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system, and the effects of these disorders on general health. Chiropractic care is used most often to treat neuromusculoskeletal complaints, including, but not limited to back pain, neck pain, pain in the joints of the arms or legs, and headaches.
Doctors of Chiropractic Serving Surrey, Burnaby, and Delta
Often referred to as chiropractors or chiropractic physicians, chiropractic doctors practice a drug-free, hands-on approach to health care that includes patient examination, diagnosis and treatment. Chiropractors have broad diagnostic skills and are also trained to recommend therapeutic and rehabilitative exercises, as well as to provide nutritional, dietary, and lifestyle advice.
Words From Dr. Pannu
“I chose chiropractic because I believed in natural medicine. The idea of the human body to heal naturally on its own intrigued me. The body has an innate ability to heal on its own, without the use of drugs and surgery. Why all of the sudden do humans need drugs to heal from injury and disease, when we did not in the past. I felt that the world needed more natural healers. Medicine was not going to give me the gratification like chiropractic has, and I learned this early on before even thinking about applying to chiropractic school. Chiropractic is not just about treating people with back pain, it is an opportunity for people to learn about healing their bodies without relying on external influences, such as medicine. Chiropractic is a natural, safe, and effective way in treating a wide variety of conditions and ailments.”
Ongoing chiropractic care may offer significant health benefits, including, but not limited to treating:
- Back and Neck Conditions: If you suffer from backaches and neck pain, you aren’t alone. Back aches plague working adults. In fact, as the Canadian Chiropractic Association mentions, “Up to 85% of working people can expect to experience low back pain during their lifetime.” And that figure doesn’t include other back conditions or neck pain. Fortunately, consistent chiropractic work can help to reverse back and neck pains. Consult your chiropractor to find a solution for your particular spinal issues.
- Leg Pain (Sciatica): Sciatica can cause radiating nerve pain that can affect the legs, hips, and lower back. If you suffer from these pains, you may have a pinched sciatic nerve (which can be caused by a spurred bone or herniated disc). Chiropractic treatments can help to resolve sciatica, so that you can be mobile and pain free.
- Knee, Foot, and Ankle Pain: Chiropractic care can aid in realigning knee, foot, and ankle joints. When these joints are misaligned they can endure damage from any impact they absorb. Aligning knee, foot, and ankle joints can resolve the strains and pressures that these joints often endure. Continual chiropractic treatments slowly realign connective tissue, which can result in less pain and strain on these joints. Your chiropractor may also suggest corrective exercises to further aid chiropractic efforts.
- Shoulder or Elbow Pain: Shoulder joints are complex joints, and elbows endure high stress from physical activity. If you’re suffering from shoulder or elbow pain, chiropractic care can help to improve the alignment of these joints, while strengthening connective tissue and reducing inflammation. In this way, chiropractic care may resolve shoulder and elbow pains.
- Wrist Pain: Our wrists are comprised of a complex variety of bones and connective tissues. Over years of use (and sometimes abuse), our wrists can become achy. It can be painful to type, or even to grip a cup. If your wrists are in pain or they feel weak, you may benefit from chiropractic treatments. Chiropractic care may be beneficial if you suffer from tiredness, weakness, numbness, temperature control problems, stiffness, swelling, tingling, or other wrist problems.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Carpal tunnel syndrome effects about 2.7 percent of the population, and it can be caused by both hereditary and environmental factors. If you’re suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome, chiropractic care may moderate pain and other symptoms.
- Migraine and Tension Headaches: Migraines and tension headaches can be triggered by poor posture and a hormone imbalance in the body. Chiropractic treatments can be utilized to address these headache sources. Chiropractic adjustments aim to relieve headaches through corrective spinal adjustments which properly align the spine. Your chiropractor may also suggest exercise and dietary changes.
- High Blood Pressure: If you have high blood pressure, chiropractic treatments may aid in reducing your blood pressure to a healthy level. Realigning Atlas vertebra (one of the highest vertebrae in the spinal column) can help to lower systolic blood pressure. If you suffer from high blood pressure, speak to your chiropractor to see if treatment can help you to lower your blood pressure.
- Sleep Disorders: If you suffer from insomnia or sleep apnea, chiropractic treatments may help you to resolve your malady. Spinal adjustments can improve the spine’s health, which may result in decreased pain and tension — ultimately, that relief can help a patient to obtain more restful sleep.
- Repetitive Stress Disorders & Tension Disorders: Stress can cause a nagging pain, or it can be debilitating. Regardless of your degree of stress, chiropractic can help you to overcome the stressors in your life, reversing the symptoms. Chiropractic care focuses on the spine, a major corridor for your nervous system. Treatments address spinal misalignments, and they can alleviate pressure and tension which can lead to a variety of problems.
- Fibromyalgia: Alongside muscle pain, fibromyalgia can spur sleeplessness, poor memory, and bad mood. Fortunately, chiropractic care can help to mitigate or reverse some of these symptoms. If you’re suffering from heightened pain sensations caused by fibromyalgia, chiropractic treatments can help to quiet recurring pain sensations, among other symptoms.
- Bursitis: Bursitis refers to an inflammation of the bursa — and the bursa refers to a fluid sac that provides lubrication for connective tissue. If you’re suffering from bursitis, you will experience pain in any joint or joints affected by the bursitis. Chiropractic treatment can help to reduce inflammation of bursae throughout the body by correcting the alignment of joints and strengthening connective tissue. If you’re experiencing bursitis-related pain, swelling, or tenderness in the joints, chiropractic care can help to alleviate your pain.
- Arthritis: Chiropractic care can be an effective treatment to mitigate pain associated with arthritis. Via joint adjustment, your chiropractor may relieve arthritic pain by manipulating soft tissues, connective tissues, and joints. Chiropractic treatments are designed to realign joints which may succumb to arthritis associated pain.
Chronic Injuries: If you suffer from persistent pain caused by a chronic injury, chiropractic treatments can help you to cope. Chiropractic care can help to treat various chronic pains, including those caused by herniated discs, degenerative disc disease, kyphosis, spondylolisthesis, kyphosis, and more. Speak to your chiropractor to learn about the benefits of chiropractic care.
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve nervous system function: Much of your nervous system is routed through a bundle of nerves which weave through your spinal column. As such, a misaligned spine can result in nervous system maladies — maladies which may be reversed by chiropractic treatments. If you’re suffering from issues related to your nervous system functionality, chiropractic care may mitigate or reverse those issues.
- Relieve prenatal discomfort: Pregnancy can be incredibly uncomfortable. After all, during pregnancy, the body endures rapid change alongside a shift in the center of balance. It’s common to suffer from prenatal discomfort due to these bodily changes. Chiropractic care can help to mitigate pain caused by pregnancy, and it can help to maintain proper spinal alignment for the duration of the pregnancy. Chiropractic treatments may help to maintain spinal alignment while relieving abdominal pressure.
- Increase vitality and improve quality of life: Proper posture works wonders for your overall well-being. Chiropractic care can improve nervous system function, which can result in numerous benefits for whole-body health. Chiropractic care may improve your mood, circulation, breathing, and digestion, among other benefits.
- Provide preventative care: Injury and illness can occur at any time. However, chiropractic care can help you to fend off the threats of illness and injury. Chiropractic treatments keep joints youthful, while aiding both mental and physical well-being — ultimately, that can mean better immunity against the issues which may otherwise bog your body down.
- Improve overall health and wellness for both children and adults: Along the same lines, chiropractic care can improve health and wellness for both children and adults. From proper posture, to improved hormone balance, and from joint pain relief to headache remediation, chiropractic care can be a long-term solution to improve your overall health.
If you’re curious about our chiropractic services, or any of our wellness treatments and therapies, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. The Back & Body Centre proudly provides wellness services for folks throughout Surrey, Burnaby, and Delta.